Friday, August 04, 2006

Update

1768.

The doubling time, based on when I took the test, is 47.5 hours. This is good. So, yay.

However, it was like a stab in my gut. The Betabase site says that women at the number that I started with double, on average, in about 39.5 hours. This specific site even says that although I'm in the normal range, I'm not even in the "most" normal group.

I was a little upset when the nurse called, so she had another doctor review it. This doctor reported back that the number was "very good" and even used the word "perfect". They want me to come in for an ultrasound at 8 weeks--August 25th or so. I thought my doc wanted me to come in earlier, but I could be wrong.

The news is much better than the m/c pregnancy where then doubling time was closer to 56 hours.

It's better, but I want clear, happy, unambiguous news that everything is going to be absolutely NORMAL.

So it's good news. yay!

But I still don't feel out of the woods yet.

3 comments:

Carroll said...

Well, it can be cool and relaxing in the woods, Anita. Why not hang out there for a while, enjoy communing with all the little furry forest animals, listen to what the owls have to say at night... and continue to hope for the best!

Thanks for the updates, Kiddo. you really don't "owe" us squat, y'know?

Big hugs from here,

mc said...

Glad to hear it, Anita. Hang in there!!!

EmilyJane said...

wow, I go on vacation and you go and get preggers. YAY, I'm so happy for you. Now hang in there and don't stress too much on the numbers. You're doctor's right---it's very good.