Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Throw Up on the Pillow

That was Dave's suggestion for the title of today's blog after I pointed out that although he can wake up quickly when Conor comes in the room to snuggle with us in the middle of the night, I can go from REM to lit room at the sound of our son throwing up on the pillow between us.

I heard Conor moan. And then I heard the tell-tale sound of blork that made me leap out of bed to get a trash can while Dave sat up and began to comfort Conor as he continued to blork all over the bed.

Conor just threw up for the first time in Decemember and it hasn't even been two months that he's gotten another stomach bug. And the poor guy really didn't know what to do when he had to throw up and poop at the same time. He just knew everything felt bad. (And trust me, it was bad!)

The odd thing is that unless he was being sick, he didn't act sick. He was laughing and bouncing and playing. Until he wasn't.

And since I've been batting about 1000 in picking up Conor's bugs, I'm unhappily anticipating my go round of this. And for some reason, I don't think I'll be laughing or bouncing or playing at all during my episode. Oh, yes. So when Dave comforts Conor when he yaks, I do my part by getting sick and in my own way, taking one for the team.

No comments: