Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Real Trip Home

When we pull out of Conor's daycare, I ask Conor which way he wants to go: City or Firetruck?

The city route takes us directly towards uptown Charlotte and it's skyline. Conor always shouts out "That's my city Charlotte!!" (We've had a few testy conversations about whether its his city Charlotte or our city Charlotte)

The firetruck route takes us by the NoDa firestation and we can often see the firetruck sitting in the driveway. (A real hit with the three year olds).

That route also takes us by the coffee shop, Smelly Cat. Because I am a particular kind of mother, I have taught my son the Smelly Cat song, although really only the chorus.

Smelly Cat, Oh Smelly Cat
What are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, Oh Smelly Cat
It's not your fault

We usually sing a couple of choruses as we pass the coffee shop.

Yesterday, after we finished singing, Conor sighed and said "That's my favorite song."

And I won the Mother of the Year award.

No comments: