Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm Kind of Excited

Despite being swamped with the beginning of school issues again, I have spent some time googling on this new regimen for infertility.

A 2006 study in Fertility and Sterility found that this combination of drugs (heparin, progesterone, prednesone, daily aspirin, daily prenates, and daily extra folic acid) increased live births for women with recurrent miscarriage by over 40%. Of course, this treatment is most effective in women with unknown reasons for m/c, and we know that our second m/c was a trisomy problem incompatible with life. But we don't know for sure that m/c 1 was a trisomy problem and we do know for sure that m/c 3 was not. And that subchorionic bleed in m/c 2 could be an indicator of a problem.

So, we don't know much.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to seeing if this helps us get pg and, then, lead on to a live birth. I'm actually excited for the first time in a really long while that this might work.

4 comments:

barbie2be said...

i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

OneTiredEma said...

Wishing you every success :-)

niobe said...

That's an extraordinary increase in live births. I hope this study gets the kind of attention it deserves. I seem to read far too many blogs written by women who've suffered recurrent miscarriages.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope you get your baby!!!

-Erica