Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech

We are all stunned here to hear what has happened to VA Tech, a university not too far from here. Last night, students in the club I co-advise were all shocked and upset, some of whom had seriously considered attending VA Tech instead of here. We professors read about what happened and put ourselves in our colleague's shoes there, wondering how we would have reacted and wether we would have survived. I know people there and so far, they are all physically safe if not emotionally and spiritually abused.

The common view around here is "There, but for the grace of God, go we."

(Although I'm not sure I have that sentence grammatically correct.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anita,
Thank you. The outpouring of support and sympathies from all around the world has truly been a sole bright spark in all of this. If I may, I'd like to encourage everyone to visit the vt homepage, which has been beautifully remade into a memorial and a remembrance. www.vt.edu

Karyn