Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The News, It is Good

We got the first positive on 10 dpo. Despite honestly believing that I was not pg, I decided to test really early, mainly so I could have some wine Saturday. It was a faint positive, but not a really faint positive. I could tell almost immediately which the direction the test was taking.

Of course, I compulsively took tests every morning after and was thrilled to see that the tests were getting clearly darker. That has not always been the case before. Originally, I vowed to wait to tell the doctor until it would be time for the ultrasound, but patience is a virtue, and I’m not always a virtuous woman.

So, we had our first HCG/Beta test at 14 dpo along with a progesterone test. The results: 348 with a 31.7 progesterone.

We were thrilled. Even the doctor called the results “strong.”

We got the results for the second beta test at 16 dpo yesterday. The results: 876!!! That’s a doubling time of 36.7 hours and exactly in the middle of normal doubling for our beta. We’ve never had a double rate that was “normal” according to beta base so I am THRILLED about that.

We have never gotten good news like this before. Yes, I know we’re not out of the woods yet, but it seems like we’re playing in a different part of the landscape with this sort of the news.

The u/s is in two weeks and the doc went ahead and scheduled my OB nurse and OB doctor visit. I am really happy and very optimistic.

Hopefully, finally, a yay for us!

8 comments:

nancy said...

I could not be happier for you. See ... that bird's nest DID mean something!

Wooooooohooooooo!!!

OneTiredEma said...

All smiles here! Yay little bud!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoooooo! (I know someone already said that, but it's the only word that keeps coming to mind.) I'm so thrilled for you guys!

Karyn

Anita said...

Karyn--
I've been trying to contact you. Do you still have my email?

fingerstothebone said...

Congratulations!

Shu-Ju

barbie2be said...

congratulations, Anita! how wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Anita! I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way!
--Kati

Anonymous said...

Oh, most excellent news, Anita. All smiles here too. Hang in there with the yakking. Conor is going to be a really terrific big brother :-)