Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fat and Tired

We're just arrived back from Rockford, IL to celebrate Dave's parent's 50th wedding anniversary.  It was a lot of fun and Conor nearly levitated with happiness to spend time with his 11 cousins (one cousin, his godmother, could not make it as she is currently deployed chasing pirates off the coast of Africa).  Honestly, Conor *loves* being around his cousins.  He always shows off their pictures to all our guests including  repairmen and, actually, my mother-in-law. They all kindly remark on how wonderful his cousins are.  

In other news, things are going well pregnancy-wise.  I am about 1/2 lb behind schedule on the weight gain, but considering that next week, we're going on a cruise to celebrate *my* parent's 50th wedding anniversary, I have no doubt that I'll be able to make up that 1/2 lb and the 2 additional ones I'm supposed to gain.  

The good news is that the nausea is almost completely gone.  The bad news is that the fatigue has increased exponentially.  Being the wonderful daughter/sister-in-law that I am, I spent pretty much all of the time on this trip either eating or napping.  BP (before pregnancy), a 2 1/2 hour nap meant a late bedtime.  Now it means I can stay up until 9:30.  I am so glad I am not teaching at this exact moment because I'm pretty sure I could slip into a coma during a pause in the class discussion.  

And my belly.  Folks, this is a picture of me at 11 weeks pregnant.  

Eleven weeks pregnant!  I'm huge!  And it's not my uterus.  That's still pretty low.  It's my guts getting moved all around from my growing belly at the bottom.  Besides the fact that this is my 5th pregnancy, so things have moved around before, the twins and the surgery have made things change a lot quicker.  Plus, I guess, those 10 lbs didn't just go straight to my massive, flabby upper arms.  

Ok, enough about me.  The next post is going to be about Conor and Christmas.  I have a picture of Conor just before he jumped up and down seeing presents from Santa Claus.  

Now I have to decide if I can take a nap, whether to work my syllabus for next semester, or take a shower.  All 3 have to happen today, but I'm not sure in which order.  

5 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so glad you are doing well! Your belly looks healthy. Can't see much else of you, but isn't your hair red-der now? I'm remembering it more dark brown.
I hope you don't end up sleeping through the cruise. But then, isn't that what cruises are for?

Anita said...

Blonder. Ahem, naturally, blonder!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Look how baggy your britches are! You are one of those annoyingly tiny ladies that look like they swallowed a basketball when they are pregnant aren't you? I just caught up on the last 3 months of your blog, so I got to take in all your excitement in one day! I'll keep you and your babies in my prayers.

Bird said...

I always vote for napping first and showering after to wake up. How funny, I always pictured you with short hair. Glad to hear everything is going well.

parvina said...

I am grateful to you as you shared this. I am these days developing an app nutrition apple that's you might be fascinated to look at it.