Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Election

I don't when I've ever been this excited about an election.  It probably has to do with voting in state that is actually going to make a difference this year.  I've voted in every election and primary since I've turned 18, but this one feels like the first one where the eyes of the nation are on us and what we're going to do.  Probably because that is true (there's not a lot of suspense in how NY and CA are going to vote).

Yesterday, Obama had one of his last rally's at UNC Charlotte.  Did you know that?  It was AMAZING.  No, I did not attend, although I just missed him at campaign headquarters.  But our campus was pretty much vibrating with energy and excitement yesterday.  And when I left at 4:00 and saw a mile long line of people lined up to get into the stadium, I thought my heart was going to explode.  In all, over 20,000 people stood in the cold wet rain to hear him speak.  

I am sure that there are quite a few folks in this typically red state that are concerned that we might turn blue this year.  But from my vantage point, it's all good.  If North Carolina becomes a swing state, we will be the recipient of so much attention and goodwill (money!) for each election, that we can actually have a say in how this country works.  That is an amazing outcome for our state for the 2008 election.

Now let's just go out and vote.  For Obama!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been exciting to have the candidates paying so much attention to us this year. I always felt kind of left out before, since by the time the primaries got to us, the nominations had already been decided. I would have loved to have seen Obama if he had come to Greensboro. I did see Hillary Clinton for about ten minutes when I found out (a little late) that she was campaigning just down the street! Nobody ever comes to High Point. That was cool.

Anonymous said...

Obamanos!

Carroll

OneTiredEma said...

Good grief, NC is still up in the air! Crazy!