Sunday, September 16, 2007

Just a Few Things Here and There

I suppose this post will be more of "This and That" than the "Mother Thing."

First, we finally went to the new Trader Joe's here in Charlotte. Folks, the most amazing thing about going back to Trader Joe's is that I didn't make it up. In fact, it was better than I remembered. Honestly, I don't know how we can ever shop at HT again now that we have a TJ's in our city. It's so much cheaper than Harris Teeter and the quality is so much higher. (Organic apples $1/lb!) And the memories!! That was the weird part: I was flooded will all these memories of Los Angeles from my 10 years of shopping at TJ's when I was lived in LA. It's very much "Two Worlds Collide!" but I like it.

Second, school is back into full swing and I am again swamped. That is just the status of the fall semester. I really have no idea when fall sucking will ever change. I did have time this weekend to put in a fall garden. We're running about a month late, but hell's bells, it's the best I can do right now.

Third, running has been going very well. It's amazing that I only started seriously running again in June and already, I feel somewhat back to my old self. A few things are different. I did a 10 mile run on Saturday and it about wiped me out. That's my longest run since the two half-marathons I did while pg with Conor. However, my runs during the week are getting easier. When you run 1 1/2 hours on Saturday, that 45 minute run on Monday seems awfully short. And my pace is occassionally back to what I was pre-Conor, which I will interpret is good news considering I am 10 lbs heavier. If I can drop these 10 lbs, I might actually have some speed left in these old hag legs.

The poopy problem that I've had during running took an unexpectedly positive twist. Last month, while taking prednisone, it Went Away. Completely Away. I went on a 9 mile run and had not nary a problem. Of course, it came back after I went off prednisone, but only a little bit. This once again points to hemorrhoids. Nonetheless, just to Make Sure, I'm going in for a colonoscopy on Thursday. (Yippee!!) Hopefully, they'll take care of whaterver that problem is while they are in there checking things out. Better safe than sorry, I agree. It's just not the most pleasant thing I've ever had done. But honestly, after 3 D&E's, I'm not really all that concerned.

And finally, yes, we had another "event" last month. It was faint, but there was a line on the prgenancy test for a couple of days. So even though we were on the new treatment regimen, it didn't solve everything. However, we're going to keep it up, just in case. I actually voting that the folic acid is the key thing here. There's no evidence to support it, but that's what I think and I'm sticking to it. In case you're counting, that's 3 of the last 4 months we've had an "event." I'm hoping it's a good sign that things are trying to work down there and all we need is one good egg to pop out and implant.

OK. I'm pooped and I really need to go review another article. Bleah.

Wait! I forgot: Conor was picked last week to be featured on our daycare's capital campaign. They are putting together some sort of brochure to send out to potential donors and apparently the photographer walked in and saw Conor and said she had to have the child with the curly hair! (The boy is proud of his hair.)

Ok. Now to go read that paper.

No comments: