Sunday, October 29, 2017

KonMari: Part Deux

Y'all.

This summer, we started decluttering the house.  We're following the "KonMari" method, in which we go through all of our possessions, touch each of them, decide if they give us joy, thank them and donate them if they do not, and keep them if they do. 

So far, we've gotten through everyone's clothes, Dave and my books, and the twins' toys.  Wow.  That's it.  Really?  Yeah.  It takes a while.  And mostly, we've just been able to do the second floor of the house.

But Holy Guacamole! 

The second floor is so CLEAN and TIDY now.  And it's *easy* to keep clean and tidy. 


There's just less shit in our house to pick up and put back in its special place. 



I swear to you, I walk up the stairs and there is a weight off my chest looking at clean and organized rooms. I know it's not perfect.  And there is still about 20% more crap to go through just upstairs, but (((sigh))) it does bring me joy.

And I swear that even though we donated more than half the kids' toys (AND STUFFED ANIMALS) to the Salvation Army, no one misses anything. 

We've still got Conor's room, the guest room (junk room), the kitchen/dining room, and some more upstairs crap to go, but I can see the end in sight.  And right now, our house has less crap and less cleaning of said crap.

That brings me great joy.

No comments: